Our Refund Policy
We will happily assist customers who wish to return or exchange goods purchased from any of our stores in Australia or online. Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure.
We recommend you retain your receipt, as we will require proof that you purchased the product from us. If you do not have a receipt, we may be able to advise you whether a refund, exchange, repair or replacement is available through other means, however this may require us recording your proof of identification when processing your return.
When you change your mind – 100 Day Returns
At Smokemart & GiftBox you have 100 days from the date of purchase to return your products (some exclusions apply – see below) for a full refund or exchange, as long as it is returned unused, and in a saleable condition with original proof of purchase. Any refund will be provided using your original payment method – i.e. to your credit card, cash or exchange gift card.
The following items cannot be returned if you change your mind:
- Tobacco products (e.g. cigarettes, cigars, loose tobacco)
- Personalised products (e.g. products that have been engraved or customised)
- Disposable vape products, vape fluids or any perishable products
- Prepaid gift cards, phone recharge or third-party gift cards
- Any product that is not in resaleable condition (e.g. because it has been opened or used).
Please note that in-store purchases cannot be returned via post, and must be processed at one of our stores. Please see below for instructions how to make an online purchase return.
When your product is faulty – The Giftbox Guarantee
We will accept returns and provide you with an exchange or refund if the product you purchased:
- has a manufacturing fault, was defective or damaged on delivery to you;
- is not fit for the purpose stated in any advertising or packaging statement; or
- does not match the online image, description or measurements displayed on our website.
To qualify for a faulty product return you must:
- if goods are damaged or defective upon delivery:
- provide us with photographic evidence of the damage before you return the goods to us;
- not attempt to repair or modify the goods (either yourself or through a third party);
- comply with all of our return shipping instructions;
- provide us with proof of purchase, such as your tax invoice or receipt; and
- return the product within 365 days of the date of purchase, and where possible with the original packaging intact.
We reserve the right to ask you to demonstrate that you did not cause or create the fault in the product, and we may do this before providing you with directions how to return the product. We may also elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem prior to providing a refund or exchange. If we find at any time that the product does not have a problem, we may require you to pay our reasonable costs of returning the product.
We may choose to decline or reduce any refund to reflect any reduction in the value of any products, if we consider this has been caused by:
- damage caused to any products by you or any other third party;
- your misuse, modification, mishandling, operation or failure to maintain the products in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions; or
- the products not being faulty or misdescribed as claimed.
Australian Online Customers – how to return a product by post
If you are returning a product purchased online, please contact us using the form below and we will provide your with a free return label via email and return address details.
You can either print this label yourself or your local Australia Post LPO can print the label for you, simply show them the email on your phone and they can scan the attached barcode. Please enclose your product(s) with its original packaging and proof of purchase, and once we have received the product we will either exchange the product or provide a full refund including postage.
For more information on sending returns you can visit https://auspost.com.au/sending/returns